Ethernity’s ACE-NIC is an OpenFlow-enabled software acceleration NIC, operated on top of COTS servers. ACE-NIC accelerates performance by 50 times, dramatically reducing end-to-end latency associated with NFV platforms.
Some of the applications that can benefit from ACE-NIC include vSwitch offloading (OVS offload), SD-WAN and vCPE, vEPC (full data plane for vSGW and vPGW), vRouter, vBRAS/vBNG, vPE Router, Edge data appliances and vFW, network overlay/underlay offloading, data center gateways (DC-GW), monitoring, and SLA.
Ethernity offers the ENA1040F and ENA1044F versions of the ACE-NIC, with ENA1044F providing full OVS data path offload.
- 40G non-blocking throughput
- Protocol interworking, including support for 3GPP gateway, VxLAN, NVGRE, PB, QinQ, IP and others
- 256K entries search filter
- Per-flow rules, including header manipulation, filtering, switching, time stamping and programmable header compression
- Load balancing at VM granularity
- Integrated packet generator and analyser to support wire speed OAM/CFM functions
- Programmable fragmentation and reassembly
- Per-frame nanosecond accuracy time stamping
- Wire speed NAPT
- Hierarchical queuing, scheduling and shaping
- L2/L3/L4 switch
- Optional IPSec Tunnel available per project
||PCI-Express Base Specification Rev. 3.0 X8 (8GT/s)
4 x 10GbE
|Board size||Standard height: 241.3 x 111.15mm (9.5” x 4.376”)|
|On-board memory packet buffer||DDR3: 2GB on HP (packet data), 1.5 GB on HR (search, counter, and user application)|