Device Drivers Team Leader – Position #1206 (Lod Industrial Park, Israel)
Where You Will Work
Ethernity Networks is a technology solutions provider that develops and delivers data processing technology used in Carrier Ethernet applications across the telecom, mobile, security and data centre markets. Our high-performance solutions are installed in hundreds of thousands of systems throughout the world. Recently, via an IPO on AIM, high quality investors supported the Company and our technology with $19 million in new funding.
Ethernity’s software engineers develop next-generation technologies that provide high performance networking for SDN and NFV. Our software solutions handle data that scales with exponential growth of mobile traffic, and we continue to develop new solutions for increasing performance in every area of cloud, mobile and networking functionality.
Our growing team of experts consists of incredible people with unmatched expertise. We hire professionals with a broad set of technical skills that are able to tackle a variety of challenges. If you feel that you are willing to shape the 21st century’s data communications technologies, come join us and lets think out-of-the-box together!
As a device drivers team leader, you will lead a small team of Linux device drivers experts. You will work on cutting edge high-performance Linux drivers.
The group is developing software for our flagship product – the SmartNIC network adapter (ACE-NIC). We need you to be our leading expert and willing to share your expertise and knowledge.
- Manage a small team of Linux device driver experts
- Responsible for development of the device drivers
- Write and review design specification and code architecture documents
- Develop cutting edge features that lead the direction for offloading
- Participate in upstream development
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Software development experience in C/C++
- Experience with the following: Linux Kernel, Linux Device drivers, Linux User space drivers, Linux network programming
- Good exposure to Networking data path on Linux Kernel
- Reasonable experience in networking
- Ability to be creative, efficient, and productive with minimal supervision or guidance
- Management experience
- Comfortable communicating and collaborating with upstream community members outside of the team and company
- DPDK development experience
- Experience with developing a protocol module from scratch
- Familiarity with at least 2 of the following technologies:
- Networking and terms like L2, L3, ARP, IP and MAC addresses, ARP, DHCP, DNS
- Familiarity with OVS, DPDK, SDN/NFV, OpenFlow, OpenStack, tunneling protocols, fd.io
- Familiarity with at least one virtualization technology: KVM, VMware, Xen
- Working experience in high performance networking
To apply for the job, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org